Club Tour – National Cornbread Festival
April 26 - April 28$7.00
This year’s tour will depart from Lenoir City, TN on Friday the 26th of April and feature a selection of several new back roads to Kimball, TN for our overnight stay. We’ll stop for lunch at the Cookie Jar Café near Dunlap, TN. Those wishing to make it a day trip can return to Knoxville after lunch. The rest of us will continue via more back roads to our destination hotel, the Super 8 in Kimball.
Saturday will be a day at the festival which runs from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm with several different things to do. There will be an optional morning driving tour of South Pittsburg Mountain Road to Russell Cave National Monument and back to the festival. We’ll do a short historic tour of South Pittsburg and then park the cars at the Dixie Freeze for their Classic Car Cruise-in. You will also have the option to stop at the Lodge factory for a free tour and purchase items at their factory store. Lunch will be on your own with Cornbread Alley being a good place to start. We’ll probably hang out at the cruise-in after checking out all festival booths with returning to the hotel at your discretion. Dinner will be at a local eatery in Kimball.
Sunday we’ll return to Knoxville on more back roads with a stop for lunch at a mystery location.
• 5K run/walk – $25.00 Saturday 8:00 am (Includes Admission $7; Cornbread Alley $5; Tee shirt)
• General admission to all day Music; Crafts and Food booths 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; $7
• Cornbread Alley / Cornbread cook –off; $5
• Trolley Car Tour of Historic South Pittsburg; $7
• Lodge Foundry Tour – FREE
• Classic Car Cruise –In at the Dixie Freeze; 10 am – 7 pm; FREE Parking